The demands placed on surgical lights are growing in line with the daily challenges faced by hospitals. Durability, flexibility and adaptability to individual operating room situations have become the decisive criteria.
Up to 184 white and color LEDs in the iLED 5 provide up to 160,000 Lux of low heat, virtually shadow-free illumination. Heat increase at the surgeon's head is less than 1° C. Even extreme shadowing is compensated for by the iLEDs Shadow Correction feature. iLED technology offers—for the first time ever—the ability to change color temperature, providing optimal contrast and tissue differentiation and can help alleviate surgeon eye fatigue. Economic benefits include dramatically increased LED life cycles of approximately 20,000 hours: an estimated 5 - 8 years.
Note: The iLED 3, a more recent addition to the family, provides 125,000 Lux. The iLED 3 uses 3 lighting modules compared to the 5 used in the iLED 5. Each module contains more than 30 individual LEDs. Based on the revolutionary TRUMPF iLED 5 Surgical Light, the iLED 3 weighs less, is more compact and offers specific benefits for EDs and CCUs.
The integration of innovative LED technology into medical lighting systems opens up a new dimension compared to ordinary halogen and gas discharge lamps.
• Cost effectiveness: Extremely long working life, minimal maintenance costs
• Effi ciency / Heat: Low heat generation, no infrared radiation, high light yield
• Environmentally friendly: Very low energy requirements, mercury-free
• Design: Unique, compact design for manoeuvrability and “laminar air flow”.
Number one in energy efficiency
With an illumination of 150,000 lux and power consumption of only 65 watts, iLED5 is the most efficient operating light on the market worldwide and actively contributes to greater cost effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
Light – where it’s needed
The consistent distribution of light on the surgical field means that it is not necessary to adjust the iLED5 during surgery. With the new Adaptive Light Control, the working area can even be expanded.
Easy positioning and slim design
The slim design makes the iLED5 head very light and fl at. The lights are easy to maneuver and position based on the needs of the surgical team.
Sophisticated technologies for precise illumination
The iLED5 Optical Lighting System is the result of extensive research and many years’ experience: in the selection of the right LED technology, the lens geometry and the arrangement of the LED elements in the light head.
The optimal combination of LED, lens and orientation results in the highly advanced iLED5 Multilensmatrix and provides the ideal distribution of light. The column of illumination reduces the need for refocusing the light during surgery.
Ingenious thermal management means that heat is dissipated efficiently, resulting in a noticeable increase in the durability and efficiency of the LEDs.
iLED5 Adaptive Light Control
Adaptive Light Control enables the homogeneous light cylinder to be adapted for various working distances by the targeted electronic control of different LEDs. Additional keys on the control panel are used to position the homogenous light cylinder closer to or farther away from the light head.
Surgeons are granted a greater area of application and can preoperatively adjust the light according to their individual needs.
As flexible as your requirements.
iLED5 offers you multiple configurations. Of course, you can also integrate highresolution TruVidia solutions. The benefit for you? All the advantages of digital video transmission with maximum security of your investment.
• For easy positioning, iLED5 has both a sterile handle and a non-sterile outer handle with integrated LED lights for better identification in endo-mode.
• A new, central suspension joint results in exceptionally easy movement, even in versions designed for low ceiling heights.
• Flat and compact light heads minimise interference.
• The open design reduces the airfl ow surface beneath the ventilated ceiling. This improves airflow and reduces unwanted turbulence.
• As the most efficient operating light solution, iLED5 requires only minimal energy despite its high illuminating power, noticeably reducing power consumption.
• With a service life of at least 20,000 operating hours, one LED illuminates many times longer than ordinary light sources. In addition, each LED can be replaced individually and on site.
As a flexible lighting solution, iLED5 can be individually combined with different support arm solutions, enabling it to be used as needed in different operating theaters.
The mobile version guarantees unlimited alternatives for use in every room. And this ready for instant use in all conditions and surgical procedures.