The bathing process promotes a sense of patient well-being. A warm bath smoothes muscles and relaxes the mind. For those with impaired mobility, bathing becomes even more important. A bath makes the body feel lighter, and the water allows the resident greater freedom of movement.
Bathing is used less frequently for personal hygiene. On the other hand, it offers many therapeutic advantages that your residents will not get from showering.
The bathing process promotes a sense of resident well-being. A warm bath soothes muscles and relaxes the mind.
The true problem solver. A height-adjustable shower chair with reclining features and leg-rests ensures safety for the resident and the best possible working posture for the carer during showering, hair washing and pedicure sessions.
A truly ergonomic multi-purpose hygiene chair
Carendo™ was developed in response to the growing trend towards showering in long-term care, as traditionally used methods are uncomfortable for the resident and impose strain on the caregiver.
The innovative ergonomic design of the Carendo is highly versatile and can also support better routines for hair washing, pedicure, toileting, dressing undressing, and changing of incontinence pads.
Static Load occurs when the body is kept in the same and unsound position for Greater than 4 seconds. The muscles, tendons, joints, discs can exhaust or weaken causing back strain. At some point, when you least expect it, repetitive and Cumulative static load can result in back injury including spasm, bulged discs or herniated discs.
Check out our interactive Statman to help direct you to safe postures!
Ergonomic design, battery-powered assistance and the Care Raiser function remove the stress and strain from showering and other everyday hygiene routines, allowing the carer to work in a safe and ergonomically sound way.
Improving care and efficiency
Carendo raises the efficiency of care because it enables a single caregiver to perform the whole showering procedure, as well as a wide range of everyday hygiene tasks. The high level of support provided by Carendo results in streamlined routines that offer considerable time savings compared with traditional methods.
Showering is becoming more common within long term care, but existing methods are uncomfortable for the resident and impose strain on the carer. The Carendo is the answer to these problems, and delivers a lot more in addition. The Carendo solves many issues related to everyday hygiene for light and medium dependent residents according to the Mobility Gallery. It is unique because a single carer can take care of dressing and undressing, showering, hair washing, foot care, toileting, change of incontinence pads and other hygiene routines in a controlled and ergonomically sound working position. Carers are constantly finding new situations where the Carendo can help out. The procedures are done in a safer, easier and quicker way, which facilitates the work. For the residents the Carendo offers great advantages, because they can experience hygiene routines with the safety and dignity they have the right to expect in daily life.
The Care Raiser function is the key
Extensive experience and focused product development give the Carendo a unique feature – the Care Raiser function. It enables the lift of the lower part of the resident’s body, which gives easy and discreet access for sensitive tasks, allowing care with dignity. The resident can be moved fully dressed to and from the showering area. With the Care Raiser function a single carer can easily manage the whole procedure alone from undressing, showering to dressing. Changing of incontinence pads is also carried out in the best possible way. This eliminates awkward handling of hygiene routines in the resident’s bed.
* The Care Raiser function is unique, as it lifts the lower part of the resident’s body to enable easy and discreet access for sensitive hygiene tasks.
* A handset gives the carer complete control over all the battery-powered functions – raising and lowering, reclining and the Care Raiser.
* The high backrest and sturdy armrests provide optimum resident support and security.
* The reclined position gives full access for the carer to most parts of the body and is very comfortable for the resident.
Carendo can enhance the quality of life by making assisted showering and other hygiene routines not only safer and more comfortable, but also a more dignified experience.
The versatile height-adjustable hygiene chairCarino™ is a new hygiene chair designed to make assisted showering sessions comfortable and safe for both carer and resident. It also offers carers an ideal working environment for hair washing, pedicure and toileting routines.
* Every aspect of the Carino, from foot-operated swivelling footplates to swing away leg rests, has been designed in a way that combines optimum resident comfort with sound ergonomics.
* The high back rest provides excellent support and the reclined seating position makes the resident feel secure at all times.
* A wide selection of accessories is available such as a back cushion, seat cushion, bedpan and splash guard.
System integrationFor transfers, Carino integrates with from ArjoHuntleigh active lifts.
Making tasks easier and safer
Battery-powered height-adjustability and handset control ensures that hygiene routines with the Carino can always be performed in a simple and ergonomically sound way at the correct working height.
Improving care and efficiency Assisted showering usually requires two attendants. Using the Carino means that showering and other hygiene routines can be carried out with maximum efficiency by one carer in a dignified way.
(Carmina / Carmina Basic)
Bariatric shower commode chair
This chair is designed specifically for assisted hygiene routines, showering and toileting in bariatric settings. The transfer friendly design offers safe solutions for residents with different mobility levels. Two models are available covering needs ranging from a bedside commode to a mobile, multifunction shower and commode chair.
Key points for Carmina:
* Adjustable foot rest provides comfortable and safe sitting position and good access for transfers with different types of passive lifters.
* Push poles assists carers when maneuvering the chair. More mobile residents can use the push poles as support when sitting down/standing up. Poles fold away to allow easy lateral transfers for residents.
* Adjustable backrest with four different seating depths provide extra support for individual needs and allow integration with most toilets.
Key points for Carmina Basic:
* Tip-up seat makes cleaning/disinfection easier and provides good access to the commode container.
* Adjustable backrest – Four different seating depths provide extra support for individual needs and allow integration with most toilets.